In this slideshow presentation, Linda Janklow of Peopleologie discusses people who use dreams, inner visions, even music as their motivation for art making. The artists, from the Deep South of the United States, have taught themselves to sculpt, paint, or draw through the sheer desire and need to create with whatever is nearby.
What do YOU dream about? After the presentation, exercise your own creativity, self-expression, and imagination by illustrating your inner visions using chalk pastels on paper.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, January 23, 2017, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Daniel Jose Older
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- * CANCELED * Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 3:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Chair Yoga with Bascia Lassus
- Thursday, January 26, 2017, 1:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- Through Tuesday, February 28, 2017Main Library, Children's Center Exhibit Space
- Envisioning the Classics with Color
- Through Thursday, March 2, 2017Main Library, African American Center
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.