In this slideshow presentation, Linda Janklow of Peopleologie discusses people who use dreams, inner visions, even music as their motivation for art making. The artists, from the Deep South of the United States, have taught themselves to sculpt, paint, or draw through the sheer desire and need to create with whatever is nearby.
What do YOU dream about? After the presentation, exercise your own creativity, self-expression, and imagination by illustrating your inner visions using chalk pastels on paper.
- Red Envelope Crafts
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 6:00 pmPortola, Portola Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon films- Incredible Shrinking Man & Attack of the 50 foot Woman
- Thursday, January 19, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Microsoft Excel: Basic Skills
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Library Resources
- Thursday, January 19, 2017, 2:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown Computer Lab
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- Through Tuesday, February 28, 2017Main Library, Children's Center Exhibit Space
- Envisioning the Classics with Color
- Through Thursday, March 2, 2017Main Library, African American Center
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.