Tim Holt performs and plays songs from the musical "Nice Work If You Can Get It," including " 'S Wonderful" and "Do Do Do," as well as selections from "Porgy & Bess" and other works by the Gershwin brothers, George & Ira. He will discuss their contributions to American popular music and give a behind-the-scenes look at how they wove music and words seamlessly together.
Tim will also discuss the work of other great composers from that era: Harold Arlen ("Somewhere Over The Rainbow"), Irving Berlin ("Cheek To Cheek") and Jerome Kern ("'Ol' Man River").
As in his other programs, Tim encourages audience members to celebrate our musical heritage by singing right along with him.
The multi-talented Tim Holt is also the author of Songs of the Simple Life (2001), a compendium of rustic wisdom.
- String Play
- Wednesday, September 17, 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Teen Computer Corps
- Wednesday, September 17, 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown General Floor Area
- Tiptoeing Through the Twilight Zone:
- Wednesday, September 17, 2014Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, September 17, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Adults & Seniors Computer Class
- Thursday, September 18, 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Meeting Room
- Internet 101
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown Computer Lab