Tim Holt performs and plays songs from the musical "Nice Work If You Can Get It," including " 'S Wonderful" and "Do Do Do," as well as selections from "Porgy & Bess" and other works by the Gershwin brothers, George & Ira. He will discuss their contributions to American popular music and give a behind-the-scenes look at how they wove music and words seamlessly together.
Tim will also discuss the work of other great composers from that era: Harold Arlen ("Somewhere Over The Rainbow"), Irving Berlin ("Cheek To Cheek") and Jerome Kern ("'Ol' Man River").
As in his other programs, Tim encourages audience members to celebrate our musical heritage by singing right along with him.
The multi-talented Tim Holt is also the author of Songs of the Simple Life (2001), a compendium of rustic wisdom.
This is a Wise Up! program for learning and living well at any age.
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 10:30 am
- Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 1:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown General Floor Area
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 4:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- CANCELLED-Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Workshop on Social Security
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 6:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room