The Survival in Sarajevo exhibition tells the story of how when war came to Bosnia in 1992 and the multi-ethnic city of Sarajevo was besieged, a handful of Holocaust survivors and their offspring turned a synagogue into one of the most effective humanitarian aid agencies operating inside the war zone. For three years, Muslims and Jews, Serbian Orthodox and Catholic Croats, all worked together in the Jewish community’s aid agency, La Benevolencija, (Ladino for good will).
The exhibition features photographs taken by Edward Serotta, who covered the conflict for Time magazine, Die Zeit and Süddeutsche Zeitung. This exhibition profiles extraordinary people who made a difference during difficult times.
Opening Event: Meet photographer and curator Edward Serotta and guest speakers discussing the history of Sarajevo.
- New York's 10th Street Studios:
- Sábado 7 de Marzo de 2015Presidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones
- The Village: Life On The Corner Of Chenery & Diamond
- Sábado 7 de Marzo de 2015Glen Park, Glen Park: Sala de Reuniones
- That's a quilt!
- Jueves 19 de Marzo de 2015Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones