The Lost Years is an award-winning documentary touching upon 150 years of the Chinese diaspora in Canada, USA, New Zealand and Australia, covering four generations of racism as revealed through the journey and family story of Kenda Gee. Kenda, a Chinese Canadian, travels with his father to China to retrace the steps of his great-grandfather, exactly a century ago, and grandfather, who sailed to Canada in the summer of 1921. For thousands of Chinese immigrants that year, it was a journey of hope that turned into a nightmare when they were confronted with racism and the head tax, depriving them of their rights as citizens.
The movie is 92 minutes long and in English with Chinese subtitles.
- Audio-described Movie Monday
- Lunes 24 de Noviembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Open Books: Ruthanne Lum McCunn
- Martes 25 de Noviembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- The Lego Movie
- Martes 25 de Noviembre de 2014West Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil