The Lost Years is an award-winning documentary touching upon 150 years of the Chinese diaspora in Canada, USA, New Zealand and Australia, covering four generations of racism as revealed through the journey and family story of Kenda Gee. Kenda, a Chinese Canadian, travels with his father to China to retrace the steps of his great-grandfather, exactly a century ago, and grandfather, who sailed to Canada in the summer of 1921. For thousands of Chinese immigrants that year, it was a journey of hope that turned into a nightmare when they were confronted with racism and the head tax, depriving them of their rights as citizens.
The movie is 92 minutes long and in English with Chinese subtitles.
- Films for Adults: The Heiress
- Lunes 27 de Julio de 2015, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate: Sala de Reuniones
- Share Your Expertise at The Mix
- Martes 28 de Julio de 2015, 10:00 amBiblioteca Central, Mix: Carpet Garden
- Videos & the Artist Books
- Martes 28 de Julio de 2015, 6:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach