The Lost Years is an award-winning documentary touching upon 150 years of the Chinese diaspora in Canada, USA, New Zealand and Australia, covering four generations of racism as revealed through the journey and family story of Kenda Gee. Kenda, a Chinese Canadian, travels with his father to China to retrace the steps of his great-grandfather, exactly a century ago, and grandfather, who sailed to Canada in the summer of 1921. For thousands of Chinese immigrants that year, it was a journey of hope that turned into a nightmare when they were confronted with racism and the head tax, depriving them of their rights as citizens.
The movie is 92 minutes long and in English with Chinese subtitles.
- Video Studio: Open House
- Miércoles 29 de Marzo de 2017, 4:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Mix: Video - 2nd Fl
- Preschool Videos
- Jueves 30 de Marzo de 2017, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Thursdays at Noon Films: Postcards from the Edge
- Jueves 30 de Marzo de 2017, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- eReader and Tech Drop-In (English & Chinese)
- Miércoles 5 de Abril de 2017, 3:00 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- WeChat (instruction in Mandarin)
- Viernes 7 de Abril de 2017, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala de Computadoras
- Sunset Movie Nights
- Jueves 20 de Abril de 2017, 6:30 pmSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil