The Lost Years is an award-winning documentary touching upon 150 years of the Chinese diaspora in Canada, USA, New Zealand and Australia, covering four generations of racism as revealed through the journey and family story of Kenda Gee. Kenda, a Chinese Canadian, travels with his father to China to retrace the steps of his great-grandfather, exactly a century ago, and grandfather, who sailed to Canada in the summer of 1921. For thousands of Chinese immigrants that year, it was a journey of hope that turned into a nightmare when they were confronted with racism and the head tax, depriving them of their rights as citizens.
The movie is 92 minutes long and in English with Chinese subtitles.
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Fastest Guitar Alive
- Jueves 21 de Agosto de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Point of Pride:
- Sábado 23 de Agosto de 2014Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- From Here to Eternity (1953)
- Sábado 23 de Agosto de 2014Glen Park, Glen Park: Sala de Reuniones