The Lost Years is an award-winning documentary touching upon 150 years of the Chinese diaspora in Canada, USA, New Zealand and Australia, covering four generations of racism as revealed through the journey and family story of Kenda Gee. Kenda, a Chinese Canadian, travels with his father to China to retrace the steps of his great-grandfather, exactly a century ago, and grandfather, who sailed to Canada in the summer of 1921. For thousands of Chinese immigrants that year, it was a journey of hope that turned into a nightmare when they were confronted with racism and the head tax, depriving them of their rights as citizens.
The movie is 92 minutes long and in English with Chinese subtitles.
- Preschool Videos
- Jueves 19 de Enero de 2017, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Thursdays at Noon films- Incredible Shrinking Man & Attack of the 50 foot Woman
- Jueves 19 de Enero de 2017, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Exploring World Cinema: Marie Antoinette (2006)
- Jueves 19 de Enero de 2017, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate: Sala de Reuniones
- Sunset Movie Nights
- Jueves 19 de Enero de 2017, 6:15 pmSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Folding Red Envelope Lantern
- Sábado 28 de Enero de 2017, 10:30 amMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- eReader and Tech Drop-In (English & Chinese)
- Miércoles 1 de Febrero de 2017, 3:00 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones