The Lost Years is an award-winning documentary touching upon 150 years of the Chinese diaspora in Canada, USA, New Zealand and Australia, covering four generations of racism as revealed through the journey and family story of Kenda Gee. Kenda, a Chinese Canadian, travels with his father to China to retrace the steps of his great-grandfather, exactly a century ago, and grandfather, who sailed to Canada in the summer of 1921. For thousands of Chinese immigrants that year, it was a journey of hope that turned into a nightmare when they were confronted with racism and the head tax, depriving them of their rights as citizens.
The movie is 92 minutes long and in English with Chinese subtitles.
- Open Books: Ruthanne Lum McCunn
- 星期二, 2014年１１月25日Main 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B
- The Lego Movie
- 星期二, 2014年１１月25日West Portal 分館, West Portal 兒童室開放時間
- Films for Adults: Shadow of a Doubt
- 星期一, 2014年12月1日Golden Gate Valley分館, Golden Gate Valley 會議室