The Lost Years is an award-winning documentary touching upon 150 years of the Chinese diaspora in Canada, USA, New Zealand and Australia, covering four generations of racism as revealed through the journey and family story of Kenda Gee. Kenda, a Chinese Canadian, travels with his father to China to retrace the steps of his great-grandfather, exactly a century ago, and grandfather, who sailed to Canada in the summer of 1921. For thousands of Chinese immigrants that year, it was a journey of hope that turned into a nightmare when they were confronted with racism and the head tax, depriving them of their rights as citizens.
The movie is 92 minutes long and in English with Chinese subtitles.
- Thursdays at Noon film series - The Triplets of Belleville
- 星期四, 2015年5月28日Main 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Film: Godzilla
- 星期六, 2015年5月30日Western Addition 分館, Western Addition 分館會議室
- Films for Adults: Lady from Shanghai
- 星期一, 2015年6月1日Golden Gate Valley 分館, Golden Gate Valley 會議室