The Lost Years is an award-winning documentary touching upon 150 years of the Chinese diaspora in Canada, USA, New Zealand and Australia, covering four generations of racism as revealed through the journey and family story of Kenda Gee. Kenda, a Chinese Canadian, travels with his father to China to retrace the steps of his great-grandfather, exactly a century ago, and grandfather, who sailed to Canada in the summer of 1921. For thousands of Chinese immigrants that year, it was a journey of hope that turned into a nightmare when they were confronted with racism and the head tax, depriving them of their rights as citizens.
The movie is 92 minutes long and in English with Chinese subtitles.
- Thursdays at Noon film series - The Women
- 星期四, 2015年9月3日, 12:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Teen Movie: Despicable Me 2
- 星期四, 2015年9月3日, 3:00 pmNorth Beach 分館, North Beach分館
- First Thursday Movies at Excelsior
- 星期四, 2015年9月3日, 6:30 pmExcelsior 分館, Excelsior 分館會議室