The Lost Years is an award-winning documentary touching upon 150 years of the Chinese diaspora in Canada, USA, New Zealand and Australia, covering four generations of racism as revealed through the journey and family story of Kenda Gee. Kenda, a Chinese Canadian, travels with his father to China to retrace the steps of his great-grandfather, exactly a century ago, and grandfather, who sailed to Canada in the summer of 1921. For thousands of Chinese immigrants that year, it was a journey of hope that turned into a nightmare when they were confronted with racism and the head tax, depriving them of their rights as citizens.
The movie is 92 minutes long and in English with Chinese subtitles.
- Preschool Videos
- 星期四, 2017年１月19日, 10:30 amSunset 分館, 日落區分館兒童室
- Thursdays at Noon films- Incredible Shrinking Man & Attack of the 50 foot Woman
- 星期四, 2017年１月19日, 12:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Exploring World Cinema: Marie Antoinette (2006)
- 星期四, 2017年１月19日, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley 分館, Golden Gate Valley 會議室
- Sunset Movie Nights
- 星期四, 2017年１月19日, 6:15 pmSunset 分館, 日落區分館兒童室
- Folding Red Envelope Lantern
- 星期六, 2017年１月28日, 10:30 amMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- eReader and Tech Drop-In (English & Chinese)
- 星期三, 2017年2月1日, 3:00 pmRichmond 列治文分館, Richmond 分館會議室