The Lost Years is an award-winning documentary touching upon 150 years of the Chinese diaspora in Canada, USA, New Zealand and Australia, covering four generations of racism as revealed through the journey and family story of Kenda Gee. Kenda, a Chinese Canadian, travels with his father to China to retrace the steps of his great-grandfather, exactly a century ago, and grandfather, who sailed to Canada in the summer of 1921. For thousands of Chinese immigrants that year, it was a journey of hope that turned into a nightmare when they were confronted with racism and the head tax, depriving them of their rights as citizens.
The movie is 92 minutes long and in English with Chinese subtitles.
- Films for Adults
- 星期一, 2016年5月2日, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley 分館, Golden Gate Valley 會議室
- Film Night: Eat Drink Man Woman
- 星期二, 2016年5月3日, 6:00 pmRichmond 列治文分館, Richmond 分館會議室
- Teen Movie: Mockingjay Pt.2
- 星期三, 2016年5月4日, 3:30 pmExcelsior 分館, Excelsior 分館會議室