Discover the unknown cuisine of the Chinese nomads, known as the Hakka. Linda Lau Anusasananan, author of The Hakka Cookbook: Chinese Soul Food from around the World, talks about her journey to find her Hakka identity through food.
Linda Lau Anusasananan formerly worked as a food writer and recipe editor for 34 years at Sunset Magazine. There she created and tested thousands of recipes and wrote stories for the home cook. Her work has also appeared in Cooking Light, Yoga Journal, and Flavor and Fortune. For more information about the book, visit: http://TheHakkaCookbook.com
A book sale and signing will follow the program. Cash or check only.
This presentation will be in English.
- Celebrating Asian-American Heritage Month!
- Friday, May 1, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Candy Lei Day
- Friday, May 1, 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Richie Unterberger's Film Clips of Asian Rock Performers
- Saturday, May 2, 2015Richmond, Richmond Meeting Room