Discover the unknown cuisine of the Chinese nomads, known as the Hakka. Linda Lau Anusasananan, author of The Hakka Cookbook: Chinese Soul Food from around the World, talks about her journey to find her Hakka identity through food.
Linda Lau Anusasananan formerly worked as a food writer and recipe editor for 34 years at Sunset Magazine. There she created and tested thousands of recipes and wrote stories for the home cook. Her work has also appeared in Cooking Light, Yoga Journal, and Flavor and Fortune. For more information about the book, visit: http://TheHakkaCookbook.com
A book sale and signing will follow the program. Cash or check only.
This presentation will be in English.
- Alvin Ho Read-Aloud Book Club
- Lunes 4 de Mayo de 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Preschool Yoga Storytime!
- Martes 5 de Mayo de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Kusudama: Origami Spring Flower Cube
- Martes 5 de Mayo de 2015Bayview, Bayview: Sala de Reuniones
- Qigong Healing: Sound, Energy, & Color
- Martes 5 de Mayo de 2015West Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Tai Chi Thursdays!
- Jueves 7 de Mayo de 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Thai Cooking Demonstration
- Sábado 9 de Mayo de 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones