Discover the unknown cuisine of the Chinese nomads, known as the Hakka. Linda Lau Anusasananan, author of The Hakka Cookbook: Chinese Soul Food from around the World, talks about her journey to find her Hakka identity through food.
Linda Lau Anusasananan formerly worked as a food writer and recipe editor for 34 years at Sunset Magazine. There she created and tested thousands of recipes and wrote stories for the home cook. Her work has also appeared in Cooking Light, Yoga Journal, and Flavor and Fortune. For more information about the book, visit: http://TheHakkaCookbook.com
A book sale and signing will follow the program. Cash or check only.
This presentation will be in English.
- Asian Snack Trials
- 星期三, 2016年5月4日, 5:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Mix: Carpet Garden
- Japanese Koto Demonstration with Shoko Hikage
- 星期四, 2016年5月5日, 3:30 pmNorth Beach 分館, North Beach分館
- Amy Tan's The Joy Luck Club
- 星期四, 2016年5月5日, 6:30 pmChinatown 華埠分館, 華埠分館會議室