Discover the unknown cuisine of the Chinese nomads, known as the Hakka. Linda Lau Anusasananan, author of The Hakka Cookbook: Chinese Soul Food from around the World, talks about her journey to find her Hakka identity through food.
Linda Lau Anusasananan formerly worked as a food writer and recipe editor for 34 years at Sunset Magazine. There she created and tested thousands of recipes and wrote stories for the home cook. Her work has also appeared in Cooking Light, Yoga Journal, and Flavor and Fortune. For more information about the book, visit: http://TheHakkaCookbook.com
A book sale and signing will follow the program. Cash or check only.
This presentation will be in English.
- Building Community and Leadership
- 星期六, 2015年9月12日, 1:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 B
- Ikebana Japanese Flower Arrangement for Kids
- 星期日, 2015年9月13日, 2:00 pmWestern Addition 分館, Western Addition 分館會議室
- Vietnamese Cold Noodle
- 星期四, 2015年9月17日, 5:00 pmIngleside 分館, Ingleside 分館會議室