Join us for a special storytime and craft program. We'll be reading Loren Long's Otis, the story about a special red tractor. Afterthe story we'll get into some dirt ourselves and make hanging terrariums with recycled CD covers.
Read for the Record, now in its eighth year, is an annual reading celebration highlighting the need for high-quality early education in America by mobilizing adults and children to set a record for the largest shared reading experience. Last year, more than 2.3 million people participated in the record-breaking campaign.
This is a Green Stacks event.
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
The San Francisco Public Library partners with Jumpstart’s Read for the Record® global campaign to highlight the importance of building children’s vocabulary and love for reading.
- Film: Fire and Ice
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Home Preparedness in Earthquake Country
- Saturday, October 29, 2016, 2:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Film: Islands of Sanctuary
- Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium