Black lesbians raising children reveal The Gift of Family. A queer Mexicana couple journey through online dating and across borders to find their Corazon de Melon. Joy and acceptance spring from the heart of queer Latina families in Corazon de Familia. The healing swells and surf of Ka Mana O Ke Ola allow a young woman to mourn and find life. Queer Asian Pacific Islander women and their children see their Family Blessings shine through everyday.
Screening of five films followed by Q&A with filmmakers.
Queer Women of Color Media Arts Project (QWOCMAP) creates, exhibits and distributes films that authentically reflect our life stories, increase our visibility, and address the vital social justice issues that concern our multiple communities. Our vision nurtures queer women of color, gender nonconforming & transgender people of color as artists-activists to create systematic change through art, activism and community building.
Sponsored by the James C. Hormel Gay and Lesbian Center, QWOCMAP, and the African-American Center of San Francisco Public Library.
- Barbara Gittings: Gay Pioneer
- Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Radar Reading Series
- Tuesday, September 8, 2015, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Gay Men and the New Way Forward
- Thursday, September 17, 2015, 6:00 pmMain Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.