Black lesbians raising children reveal The Gift of Family. A queer Mexicana couple journey through online dating and across borders to find their Corazon de Melon. Joy and acceptance spring from the heart of queer Latina families in Corazon de Familia. The healing swells and surf of Ka Mana O Ke Ola allow a young woman to mourn and find life. Queer Asian Pacific Islander women and their children see their Family Blessings shine through everyday.
Screening of five films followed by Q&A with filmmakers.
Queer Women of Color Media Arts Project (QWOCMAP) creates, exhibits and distributes films that authentically reflect our life stories, increase our visibility, and address the vital social justice issues that concern our multiple communities. Our vision nurtures queer women of color, gender nonconforming & transgender people of color as artists-activists to create systematic change through art, activism and community building.
Sponsored by the James C. Hormel Gay and Lesbian Center, QWOCMAP, and the African-American Center of San Francisco Public Library.
- Moving Performances
- Martes 6 de Diciembre de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
- How Eureka Valley Became The Castro
- Martes 6 de Diciembre de 2016, 7:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley: Área Principal
- Broadway Actor and Author Martin Moran
- Domingo 11 de Diciembre de 2016, 3:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.