This hands-on session will teach how to protect your privacy on the Internet with privacy tools including: encrypted Off-The-Record chat using Pidgin or Adium, and anonymous browsing using the Tor Browser Bundle. We will be installing and using software, so you will get the most out of it if you can bring a laptop. If you can't bring a laptop, you are welcome to come and listen or find a buddy.
Jacob Hoffman-Andrews works on security issues as a programmer at Twitter.
One City One Book is San Francisco's citywide book club.
In 2014, we're reading Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin.
Find out more at: One City One Book.
- Tiptoeing through the Twilight Zone
- Wednesday, August 20, 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Russeller Watercolor Group
- Friday, August 22, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Home Preparedness in Earthquake Country
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, August 20, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, August 26, 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Meeting Room
- Conversational English Language Group
- Tuesday, August 26, 2014Portola, Portola Meeting Room