Privacy is both an essential factor in computer security as well as an essential human and civil right. The more data can be collected about us (with or without our awareness or approval), the more vulnerable we are.
We will look at a handful of tools that may help us protect our online communications and decrease the amount of (meta-)data available to any three-letter-agency.
Jan Schaumann is, serendipitously, a Staff Security Engineer at Twitter and an adjunct professor of Computer Science at Stevens Institute of Technology. https://twitter.com/jschauma.
One City One Book is San Francisco's citywide book club.
In 2014, we're reading Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin.
Find out more at: One City One Book.
- CANCELED - One City One Book Craft: Dream Catcher
- Tuesday, September 30, 2014North Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Book Discussion : Tales of the City
- Tuesday, September 30, 2014Parkside, Parkside Teen's Area
- Thursdays @ Noon Film: The Wizard of Oz
- Thursday, October 2, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium