Privacy is both an essential factor in computer security as well as an essential human and civil right. The more data can be collected about us (with or without our awareness or approval), the more vulnerable we are.
We will look at a handful of tools that may help us protect our online communications and decrease the amount of (meta-)data available to any three-letter-agency.
Jan Schaumann is, serendipitously, a Staff Security Engineer at Twitter and an adjunct professor of Computer Science at Stevens Institute of Technology. https://twitter.com/jschauma.
One City One Book is San Francisco's citywide book club.
In 2014, we're reading Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin.
Find out more at: One City One Book.
- Make Your Own Leather Cuff Bracelet
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014Portola, Portola Meeting Room
- Photographer Janet Delaney
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic B
- Mission Bay Book Club
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room