This hands-on session will teach how to protect your privacy on the Internet with privacy tools including: encrypted Off-The-Record chat using Pidgin or Adium, and anonymous browsing using the Tor Browser Bundle. We will be installing and using software, so you will get the most out of it if you can bring a laptop. If you can't bring a laptop, you are welcome to come and listen or find a buddy.
Jacob Hoffman-Andrews works on security issues as a programmer at Twitter.
One City One Book is San Francisco's citywide book club.
In 2014, we're reading Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin.
Find out more at: One City One Book.
- BiblioCommons: The Library's New Catalog
- Wednesday, April 1, 2015North Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Friday, April 3, 2015Parkside, Parkside Teen's Area
- Digital Device Drop-In
- Friday, April 3, 2015Main Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
- Basic Computer Skills and Internet Help Drop-In
- Tuesday, March 31, 2015Main Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
- Basic Computer Skills for Adult
- Tuesday, March 31, 2015Bayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Tablets 101
- Tuesday, March 31, 2015North Beach, North Beach Meeting Room