This hands-on session will teach how to protect your privacy on the Internet with privacy tools including: encrypted Off-The-Record chat using Pidgin or Adium, and anonymous browsing using the Tor Browser Bundle. We will be installing and using software, so you will get the most out of it if you can bring a laptop. If you can't bring a laptop, you are welcome to come and listen or find a buddy.
Jacob Hoffman-Andrews works on security issues as a programmer at Twitter.
One City One Book is San Francisco's citywide book club.
In 2014, we're reading Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin.
Find out more at: One City One Book.
- Book A Librarian
- Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 6:30 pmPotrero, Potrero General Floor Area
- Digital Device Drop-In
- Friday, September 4, 2015, 4:00 pmMain Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Saturday, September 5, 2015, 1:00 pmPortola, Portola General Floor Area
- eReader and Online Resource "Drop In"
- Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 10:30 amNoe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Basic Computer Skills and Internet Help Drop-In
- Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 1:15 pmMain Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
- Girls Who Code
- Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 4:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room