This hands-on session will teach how to protect your privacy on the Internet with privacy tools including: encrypted Off-The-Record chat using Pidgin or Adium, and anonymous browsing using the Tor Browser Bundle. We will be installing and using software, so you will get the most out of it if you can bring a laptop. If you can't bring a laptop, you are welcome to come and listen or find a buddy.
Jacob Hoffman-Andrews works on security issues as a programmer at Twitter.
One City One Book is San Francisco's citywide book club.
In 2014, we're reading Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin.
Find out more at: One City One Book.
- Girls Who Code
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 4:30 pmMain Library, Mix: Discovery Zone - 2nd Fl
- Book a Librarian
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 4:00 pmGlen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
- Book A Librarian
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 6:30 pmOcean View, Ocean View General Floor Area
- Job Seekers' Drop-In
- Monday, January 23, 2017, 10:00 amMain Library, Bridge TechLab Workstation - 5th Fl
- Coding Drop-in Lab
- Monday, January 23, 2017, 2:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.