Daphne Miller, M.D., a San Francisco family physician and author, will share practical insights from her world-wide nutrition explorations. She visited scientists, traditional cooks, and farmers across the US and around the globe to discover the delicious and healthy foods detailed in her books Farmacology: What Innovative Family Farming Can Teach Us about Health & Healing and The Jungle Effect: A doctor discovers the healthiest diets from around the world--why they work and how to bring them home.
Q&A and book sales and signing follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Community Bike Build
- Saturday, October 22, 2016, 11:00 amBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- History of Food Coops: Shanta Sacharoff
- Saturday, October 22, 2016, 12:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Ghosts, Sinners & Secret Places
- Saturday, October 22, 2016, 2:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Monday, October 24, 2016, 11:00 amMain Library, Learning Studio
- Brain Fitness
- Monday, October 24, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Noontime Meditation
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 12:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room