Daphne Miller, M.D., a San Francisco family physician and author, will share practical insights from her world-wide nutrition explorations. She visited scientists, traditional cooks, and farmers across the US and around the globe to discover the delicious and healthy foods detailed in her books Farmacology: What Innovative Family Farming Can Teach Us about Health & Healing and The Jungle Effect: A doctor discovers the healthiest diets from around the world--why they work and how to bring them home.
Q&A and book sales and signing follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Toba Singer and Jose Manuel Carreno
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- On the Same Page: Daniel Alarcón
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Health Festival
- Saturday, May 2, 2015
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015Richmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Reiki Demonstration by Vibrant Reiki
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Bike Fixit Workshop with Huckleberry Bicycles
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015Main Library, Larkin Street Steps