Daphne Miller, M.D., a San Francisco family physician and author, will share practical insights from her world-wide nutrition explorations. She visited scientists, traditional cooks, and farmers across the US and around the globe to discover the delicious and healthy foods detailed in her books Farmacology: What Innovative Family Farming Can Teach Us about Health & Healing and The Jungle Effect: A doctor discovers the healthiest diets from around the world--why they work and how to bring them home.
Q&A and book sales and signing follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Native Plants in our Local Landscape
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Protecting Our Plankton
- Saturday, February 20, 2016, 3:30 pmPotrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- Film: Pelican Dreams
- Wednesday, March 2, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- The Sweetest Valentine Treats!
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Gay & Lesbian Center