Daphne Miller, M.D., a San Francisco family physician and author, will share practical insights from her world-wide nutrition explorations. She visited scientists, traditional cooks, and farmers across the US and around the globe to discover the delicious and healthy foods detailed in her books Farmacology: What Innovative Family Farming Can Teach Us about Health & Healing and The Jungle Effect: A doctor discovers the healthiest diets from around the world--why they work and how to bring them home.
Q&A and book sales and signing follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Home Preparedness in Earthquake Country
- Saturday, October 29, 2016, 2:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Personal Safety Preparedness: Chinese (Cantonese)
- Saturday, October 29, 2016, 2:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Learn Tai Chi
- Monday, October 31, 2016, 3:30 pmAnza, Anza Meeting Room
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Thursday, October 27, 2016, 5:30 pmMain Library, Library for the Blind
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Monday, October 31, 2016, 11:00 amMain Library, Learning Studio
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room