Daphne Miller, M.D., a San Francisco family physician and author, will share practical insights from her world-wide nutrition explorations. She visited scientists, traditional cooks, and farmers across the US and around the globe to discover the delicious and healthy foods detailed in her books Farmacology: What Innovative Family Farming Can Teach Us about Health & Healing and The Jungle Effect: A doctor discovers the healthiest diets from around the world--why they work and how to bring them home.
Q&A and book sales and signing follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Writing To Be Read: Strategies for Maximizing Impact
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Adult ADHD and Relationships: Issues and Strategies
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Yoga at the Library
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 6:30 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, LGBTQIA Center
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Healthier Living Talk Series
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 2:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room