Daphne Miller, M.D., a San Francisco family physician and author, will share practical insights from her world-wide nutrition explorations. She visited scientists, traditional cooks, and farmers across the US and around the globe to discover the delicious and healthy foods detailed in her books Farmacology: What Innovative Family Farming Can Teach Us about Health & Healing and The Jungle Effect: A doctor discovers the healthiest diets from around the world--why they work and how to bring them home.
Q&A and book sales and signing follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Lava Mae Free Mobile Showers
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 8:30 amMain Library, Fulton Street Steps
- Diabetes Education
- Saturday, April 1, 2017, 2:00 pmIngleside, Ingleside Meeting Room
- Santa Fe Voices: Poems of New Mexico
- Saturday, April 1, 2017, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Monday, March 27, 2017, 11:00 amMain Library, Learning Studio
- Tai Chi at Noon
- Monday, March 27, 2017, 12:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Noontime Meditation
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 12:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room