Chef Nam Singh, LAc., will introduce the principles of cooking with Chinese herbs for longevity and health. Delicious tastes of seasonal foods will be provided!
Formerly of China Moon and Monsoon Restaurants, Mr. Singh has worked extensively throughout the Bay Area restaurant scene. He presently teaches in San Francisco at the South Star Academy of Cooking with Chinese Herbs and online through the Academy of Healing Nutrition.
A practitioner of all eight limbs of Chinese Medicine: Meditation, Exercise, Diet, Herbology, Astrology, Feng Shui, Massage, Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Mr. Singh is a graduate of the Tai Pei Institute of Traditional Pharmacology and Acupuncture, and of Wei Chuan's Culinary Institute Tai Pei, R.O.C. Taiwan. As a chef he specializes in Chinese medicinal cuisine.
Chef Singh has collaborated on two well-received books, Between Heaven and Earth, A Guide to Chinese Medicine and Chinese Immigrant Cooking.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- SEE/SAW Playshop: Scribe
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014Main Library, Library for the Blind
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014Main Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
- The Evolving Chinese Dress, 1909-1973
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014Merced, Merced General Floor Area
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Sunday, March 9, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Brain Fitness
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B