Chef Nam Singh, LAc., will introduce the principles of cooking with Chinese herbs for longevity and health. Delicious tastes of seasonal foods will be provided!
Formerly of China Moon and Monsoon Restaurants, Mr. Singh has worked extensively throughout the Bay Area restaurant scene. He presently teaches in San Francisco at the South Star Academy of Cooking with Chinese Herbs and online through the Academy of Healing Nutrition.
A practitioner of all eight limbs of Chinese Medicine: Meditation, Exercise, Diet, Herbology, Astrology, Feng Shui, Massage, Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Mr. Singh is a graduate of the Tai Pei Institute of Traditional Pharmacology and Acupuncture, and of Wei Chuan's Culinary Institute Tai Pei, R.O.C. Taiwan. As a chef he specializes in Chinese medicinal cuisine.
Chef Singh has collaborated on two well-received books, Between Heaven and Earth, A Guide to Chinese Medicine and Chinese Immigrant Cooking.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Home Preparedness in Earthquake Country
- Saturday, October 29, 2016, 2:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Personal Safety Preparedness: Chinese (Cantonese)
- Saturday, October 29, 2016, 2:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Learn Tai Chi
- Monday, October 31, 2016, 3:30 pmAnza, Anza Meeting Room
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Thursday, October 27, 2016, 5:30 pmMain Library, Library for the Blind
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Monday, October 31, 2016, 11:00 amMain Library, Learning Studio
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room