Chef Nam Singh, LAc., will introduce the principles of cooking with Chinese herbs for longevity and health. Delicious tastes of seasonal foods will be provided!
Formerly of China Moon and Monsoon Restaurants, Mr. Singh has worked extensively throughout the Bay Area restaurant scene. He presently teaches in San Francisco at the South Star Academy of Cooking with Chinese Herbs and online through the Academy of Healing Nutrition.
A practitioner of all eight limbs of Chinese Medicine: Meditation, Exercise, Diet, Herbology, Astrology, Feng Shui, Massage, Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Mr. Singh is a graduate of the Tai Pei Institute of Traditional Pharmacology and Acupuncture, and of Wei Chuan's Culinary Institute Tai Pei, R.O.C. Taiwan. As a chef he specializes in Chinese medicinal cuisine.
Chef Singh has collaborated on two well-received books, Between Heaven and Earth, A Guide to Chinese Medicine and Chinese Immigrant Cooking.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Yoga Nidra - Integrative Deep Relaxation
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Healing Chronic Illness
- Wednesday, October 29, 2014West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Build at the Library - Family Build with Magic Sticks
- Saturday, November 8, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014Main Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Thursday, October 23, 2014Main Library, Library for the Blind