Chef Nam Singh, LAc., will introduce the principles of cooking with Chinese herbs for longevity and health. Delicious tastes of seasonal foods will be provided!
Formerly of China Moon and Monsoon Restaurants, Mr. Singh has worked extensively throughout the Bay Area restaurant scene. He presently teaches in San Francisco at the South Star Academy of Cooking with Chinese Herbs and online through the Academy of Healing Nutrition.
A practitioner of all eight limbs of Chinese Medicine: Meditation, Exercise, Diet, Herbology, Astrology, Feng Shui, Massage, Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Mr. Singh is a graduate of the Tai Pei Institute of Traditional Pharmacology and Acupuncture, and of Wei Chuan's Culinary Institute Tai Pei, R.O.C. Taiwan. As a chef he specializes in Chinese medicinal cuisine.
Chef Singh has collaborated on two well-received books, Between Heaven and Earth, A Guide to Chinese Medicine and Chinese Immigrant Cooking.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Fabric Envelope
- Saturday, April 19, 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown Meeting Room
- The Trees of San Francisco
- Saturday, April 19, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- POSTPONED -- Basic Bike Repair and Safety for Kids
- Saturday, April 19, 2014Potrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- Tai Chi for Health with Patrick Lau
- Saturday, April 19, 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Sunday, April 20, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Brain Fitness
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B