Chef Nam Singh, LAc., will introduce the principles of cooking with Chinese herbs for longevity and health. Delicious tastes of seasonal foods will be provided!
Formerly of China Moon and Monsoon Restaurants, Mr. Singh has worked extensively throughout the Bay Area restaurant scene. He presently teaches in San Francisco at the South Star Academy of Cooking with Chinese Herbs and online through the Academy of Healing Nutrition.
A practitioner of all eight limbs of Chinese Medicine: Meditation, Exercise, Diet, Herbology, Astrology, Feng Shui, Massage, Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Mr. Singh is a graduate of the Tai Pei Institute of Traditional Pharmacology and Acupuncture, and of Wei Chuan's Culinary Institute Tai Pei, R.O.C. Taiwan. As a chef he specializes in Chinese medicinal cuisine.
Chef Singh has collaborated on two well-received books, Between Heaven and Earth, A Guide to Chinese Medicine and Chinese Immigrant Cooking.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Tree Frog Treks
- Tuesday, December 2, 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret
- Saturday, December 6, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Green Bookmobile Digs Science
- Sunday, December 7, 2014
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, November 26, 2014Main Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, November 26, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Healthier Living Workshop
- Sunday, November 30, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room