Chef Nam Singh, LAc., will introduce the principles of cooking with Chinese herbs for longevity and health. Delicious tastes of seasonal foods will be provided!
Formerly of China Moon and Monsoon Restaurants, Mr. Singh has worked extensively throughout the Bay Area restaurant scene. He presently teaches in San Francisco at the South Star Academy of Cooking with Chinese Herbs and online through the Academy of Healing Nutrition.
A practitioner of all eight limbs of Chinese Medicine: Meditation, Exercise, Diet, Herbology, Astrology, Feng Shui, Massage, Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Mr. Singh is a graduate of the Tai Pei Institute of Traditional Pharmacology and Acupuncture, and of Wei Chuan's Culinary Institute Tai Pei, R.O.C. Taiwan. As a chef he specializes in Chinese medicinal cuisine.
Chef Singh has collaborated on two well-received books, Between Heaven and Earth, A Guide to Chinese Medicine and Chinese Immigrant Cooking.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Protect Yourself: Flu Immunizations
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- The Newbies Guide to Cannabis & The Industry
- Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 5:30 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- CANCELED::::Rewire Your Brain to find that Perfect Job
- Thursday, September 8, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Noontime Meditation
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 12:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Self Healing through Creativity, Mindfulness & Motion
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area