Chef Nam Singh, LAc., will introduce the principles of cooking with Chinese herbs for longevity and health. Delicious tastes of seasonal foods will be provided!
Formerly of China Moon and Monsoon Restaurants, Mr. Singh has worked extensively throughout the Bay Area restaurant scene. He presently teaches in San Francisco at the South Star Academy of Cooking with Chinese Herbs and online through the Academy of Healing Nutrition.
A practitioner of all eight limbs of Chinese Medicine: Meditation, Exercise, Diet, Herbology, Astrology, Feng Shui, Massage, Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Mr. Singh is a graduate of the Tai Pei Institute of Traditional Pharmacology and Acupuncture, and of Wei Chuan's Culinary Institute Tai Pei, R.O.C. Taiwan. As a chef he specializes in Chinese medicinal cuisine.
Chef Singh has collaborated on two well-received books, Between Heaven and Earth, A Guide to Chinese Medicine and Chinese Immigrant Cooking.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Monday, April 21, 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Meeting Room
- Documentary: Watershed
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Erik Peper: Take Charge of Your Healing!
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Brain Fitness
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014Main Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
- Tai Chi for Health with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room