Chef Nam Singh, LAc., will introduce the principles of cooking with Chinese herbs for longevity and health. Delicious tastes of seasonal foods will be provided!
Formerly of China Moon and Monsoon Restaurants, Mr. Singh has worked extensively throughout the Bay Area restaurant scene. He presently teaches in San Francisco at the South Star Academy of Cooking with Chinese Herbs and online through the Academy of Healing Nutrition.
A practitioner of all eight limbs of Chinese Medicine: Meditation, Exercise, Diet, Herbology, Astrology, Feng Shui, Massage, Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Mr. Singh is a graduate of the Tai Pei Institute of Traditional Pharmacology and Acupuncture, and of Wei Chuan's Culinary Institute Tai Pei, R.O.C. Taiwan. As a chef he specializes in Chinese medicinal cuisine.
Chef Singh has collaborated on two well-received books, Between Heaven and Earth, A Guide to Chinese Medicine and Chinese Immigrant Cooking.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Yoga Acupressure with Dr. Huang is CANCELLED
- Saturday, May 7, 2016, 11:00 amParkside, Parkside General Floor Area
- Biking with Babies (From Pregnancy to Toddlers)
- Saturday, May 14, 2016, 1:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Introduction to Yoga
- Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 6:30 pmIngleside, Ingleside Meeting Room
- Healthier Living Program
- Saturday, May 7, 2016, 2:00 pmIngleside, Ingleside Meeting Room
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Sunday, May 8, 2016, 1:00 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Monday, May 9, 2016, 10:30 amGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room