Exercise Your Brain for Free
CCSF Older Adults semester-long course on Brain Fitness.
The brain is like any muscle in the body. The old saying "use it or lose it" really does apply. In this very social class you will exercise your brain in fun, challenging and creative ways to maintain and improve your cognitive vitality and your memory. We will also spend time conquering everyday memory challenges, such as remembering names and conquering “tip-of-the-tongue syndrome,” as well as discuss the latest news on brain fitness. This course is appropriate both as a next step for those who have previously attended a Memory and Mental Fitness Program, as well as for first-timers.
- Mondays, August through December 2013
2:00 – 4:00 PM
- (No Class Sept. 2, Oct. 14 and Nov. 13)
- San Francisco Public Library-Main Branch
Latino-Hispanic Room in the Lower Level
100 Larkin Street (at Grove and Market)
Accessible by several MUNI and BART lines
- FREE - Join us anytime!
- TO ENROLL
- Simply attend the class, and fill out a registration form on site. If you would like additional information please contact Hope Levy at 415.931.8679 or email@example.com, or the Older Adults Department at 415.920.6021.
- THE INSTRUCTOR
- Hope Levy has more than twenty years teaching experience, and is formerly the Acting Chairperson of the Older Adults Department at City College of San Francisco. She holds an MA in Gerontology and an MA in Special Education from San Francisco State University. Through her work, Hope promotes positive aging through her passion for lifelong learning.
- The Older Adults Department of City College sponsors this class in partnership with The San Francisco Public Library. The Older Adults Department of City College offers classes designed for adults 55 or older, but all are welcome to attend.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, August 31, 2015, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Aging and Disability Resource Center Free Counseling
- Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 2:30 pmMarina, Marina General Floor Area
- Seniors CREATE! at the Bridge
- Thursday, September 3, 2015, 2:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Teen Computer Corps
- Sunday, August 30, 2015, 2:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Basic Computer Class
- Monday, August 31, 2015, 11:00 amWestern Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room