Introduction to SCRATCH
In honor of the One City One Book choice of “Little Brother” by Cory Doctorow, come to Potrero Branch and learn about SCRATCH, an online creative learning community where you can create stories, games, and animations and share them with the world!
SCRATCH is based on the computer programming language Python, and is totally free and easy to use.
Program attendees will learn how to sign up for a SCRATCH account, and get a basic introduction to using the website to create animations. Attendees will need an active email to sign up for their own SCRATCH account.
We will have 10 laptops available, and kids can share if all the laptops are being used.
SCRATCH was made for kids ages 6-16, but all ages enjoy it!
For more information, contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415 355 2822
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
One City One Book is San Francisco's citywide book club.
In 2014, we're reading Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin.
Find out more at: One City One Book.
- Thursdays @ Noon Film: The Wizard of Oz
- Thursday, October 2, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Tales of the City Book Discussion
- Saturday, October 4, 2014Eureka Valley/Harvey Milk Memorial, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- One City One Book Craft: Dream Catcher
- Saturday, October 4, 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown Meeting Room