A film series screening favorites that are all either set or was filmed here in our great city, San Francisco.
Oct. 27 - The Birds (1963)
A classic horror flick just in time for Halloween! The residents of Bodega Bay are suddenly confronted with a malicious, full-scale attack by birds of all shapes and sizes. Hitchcock’s purest expression of an arbitrary universe, The Birds constitutes a prodigious technical achievement. Under the guidance of bird trainer Ray Berwick, Hitchcock employed thousands of real birds and his own ingenuity to create the most terrifying aspect of this film - the undeniable reality of seemingly impossible events.
NR, 119 min
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Norma Rae
- Thursday, September 18, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Personal Digital Archiving: Video
- Thursday, September 18, 2014Main Library, DIGI Center
- The Book of Eli
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room