A film series screening favorites that are all either set or was filmed here in our great city, San Francisco.
Oct. 27 - The Birds (1963)
A classic horror flick just in time for Halloween! The residents of Bodega Bay are suddenly confronted with a malicious, full-scale attack by birds of all shapes and sizes. Hitchcock’s purest expression of an arbitrary universe, The Birds constitutes a prodigious technical achievement. Under the guidance of bird trainer Ray Berwick, Hitchcock employed thousands of real birds and his own ingenuity to create the most terrifying aspect of this film - the undeniable reality of seemingly impossible events.
NR, 119 min
- Family Film: The Watsons Go to Birmingham
- Saturday, February 28, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Old Acquaintance (1943)
- Saturday, February 28, 2015Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
- Great Books to Great Movies: Death in Venice
- Tuesday, March 3, 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room