A film series screening favorites that are all either set or was filmed here in our great city, San Francisco.
Oct. 27 - The Birds (1963)
A classic horror flick just in time for Halloween! The residents of Bodega Bay are suddenly confronted with a malicious, full-scale attack by birds of all shapes and sizes. Hitchcock’s purest expression of an arbitrary universe, The Birds constitutes a prodigious technical achievement. Under the guidance of bird trainer Ray Berwick, Hitchcock employed thousands of real birds and his own ingenuity to create the most terrifying aspect of this film - the undeniable reality of seemingly impossible events.
NR, 119 min
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Thursdays at Noon film series - The Women
- Thursday, September 3, 2015, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Teen Movie: Despicable Me 2
- Thursday, September 3, 2015, 3:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- First Thursday Movies at Excelsior
- Thursday, September 3, 2015, 6:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room