Bette-B Bauer will read from her book Inscapes which is a remarkable memoir about one woman’s determination to follow her desire for a life of spiritual freedom that leads her from Oregon to San Francisco, to Paris and beyond. The author’s journey of transformation, from solitary alienation to a sense of belonging in the world, is insightful, funny and moving.
Bauer’s exploration of the dynamic influences of “place” offers a powerful glimpse into her mind and spirit. Each new home that she makes for herself— whether it be in Oregon, San Francisco, Paris, the Virgin Islands, Mexico, Baton Rouge, or the High Plains—brings the author closer to understanding the intimate connection to the natural world that has shaped much of her inner life.
- RADAR Presents Reading + Launch Party:
- Thursday, September 4, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Across the African Diaspora: Islam and Sexuality
- Saturday, September 13, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Poetry Reading by Chun Yu
- Saturday, September 27, 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown Meeting Room