Bette-B Bauer will read from her book Inscapes which is a remarkable memoir about one woman’s determination to follow her desire for a life of spiritual freedom that leads her from Oregon to San Francisco, to Paris and beyond. The author’s journey of transformation, from solitary alienation to a sense of belonging in the world, is insightful, funny and moving.
Bauer’s exploration of the dynamic influences of “place” offers a powerful glimpse into her mind and spirit. Each new home that she makes for herself— whether it be in Oregon, San Francisco, Paris, the Virgin Islands, Mexico, Baton Rouge, or the High Plains—brings the author closer to understanding the intimate connection to the natural world that has shaped much of her inner life.
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- Martes 13 de Octubre de 2015, 3:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Miércoles 14 de Octubre de 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Entre sus Palabras Andantes
- Domingo 18 de Octubre de 2015, 3:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B