In honor of the spooky season, Sunset Library screens Rebecca, Alfred Hitchcock's classic film based on the famous novel by Daphne Du Maurier. This atmospheric drama is filled with the presence of a character who never appears – Rebecca, the beautiful, deceased wife of brooding, mysterious Max de Winter (Laurence Olivier). His second wife, a shy young former secretary (Joan Fontaine), finds her married life at the ancestral estate dominated by the continuing influence and pervasive presence of her predecessor - until she learns the truth about Rebecca’s life and death.
130 minutes – b&w – 1940 – Not rated
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Short History of Narrative Cinema
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- 13th: an Oscar-nominated documentary
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Video Studio: Open House
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Video - 2nd Fl