A quilt is made up of many blocks of fabric. Show us what living in Visitacion Valley means to you by creating a 10 x 10 square that will be incorporated into our community quilt.
Bring a picture of your favorite spot in Visitacion Valley and learn to make a quilt square around it using one of several quilting techniques we will be teaching. You will learn how to cut fabric and patch the pieces together on a sewing machine.
No sewing experience necessary. Children are welcome if accompanied by an adult.
Visitacion Valley Quilts is a six month long project to create a community quilt representative of this diverse San Francisco neighborhood. The program is a partnership between the San Francisco Public Library and Quiltworks, a local nonprofit quilting studio.
For more information about the project contact Shawna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Noe Valley Knitting Circle
- Sábado 2 de Agosto de 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Russeller Watercolor Group
- Viernes 8 de Agosto de 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Tiptoeing through the Twilight Zone
- Miércoles 20 de Agosto de 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 30 de Julio de 2014Presidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones
- Creative Writing Workshop
- Jueves 31 de Julio de 2014Potrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones
- Tai Chi with Leslie Shimmin
- Jueves 31 de Julio de 2014Portola, Portola: Sala de Reuniones