The Cup (Phörpa, 1999)
While the soccer World Cup is being played in France, two young Tibetan refugees arrive at a monastery/boarding school in exile in India. Its atmosphere of serene contemplation is somewhat disrupted by soccer fever. Prevented by various circumstances from seeing the Cup finals on television in a nearby village, the young monks plan to rent a TV set for the monastery. The enterprise becomes a test of solidarity, resourcefulness and friendship for the students, while the Lama, head of the monastery, contemplates the challenges of teaching the word of Buddha in a rapidly changing world. Presented in Dzongkha with English subtitles. Rated G. 93 minutes.
- Films for Adults - Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
- Lunes 20 de Octubre de 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate: Sala de Reuniones
- Preschool Films
- Martes 21 de Octubre de 2014Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Thursdays @ Noon Film: Blast from the Past
- Jueves 23 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.