The Cup (Phörpa, 1999)
While the soccer World Cup is being played in France, two young Tibetan refugees arrive at a monastery/boarding school in exile in India. Its atmosphere of serene contemplation is somewhat disrupted by soccer fever. Prevented by various circumstances from seeing the Cup finals on television in a nearby village, the young monks plan to rent a TV set for the monastery. The enterprise becomes a test of solidarity, resourcefulness and friendship for the students, while the Lama, head of the monastery, contemplates the challenges of teaching the word of Buddha in a rapidly changing world. Presented in Dzongkha with English subtitles. Rated G. 93 minutes.
- Films for Adults - Sahara (1943)
- Lunes 22 de Septiembre de 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate: Sala de Reuniones
- Film Night at the Library
- Miércoles 24 de Septiembre de 2014Park, Park: Sala de Reuniones
- Reel-to-Reel 16 mm Preschool Films
- Jueves 25 de Septiembre de 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley: Sala de Reuniones
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.