The Cup (Phörpa, 1999)
While the soccer World Cup is being played in France, two young Tibetan refugees arrive at a monastery/boarding school in exile in India. Its atmosphere of serene contemplation is somewhat disrupted by soccer fever. Prevented by various circumstances from seeing the Cup finals on television in a nearby village, the young monks plan to rent a TV set for the monastery. The enterprise becomes a test of solidarity, resourcefulness and friendship for the students, while the Lama, head of the monastery, contemplates the challenges of teaching the word of Buddha in a rapidly changing world. Presented in Dzongkha with English subtitles. Rated G. 93 minutes.
- Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence
- Sábado 20 de Diciembre de 2014Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Holiday Movie: The Polar Express
- Lunes 22 de Diciembre de 2014Bayview, Bayview: Sala de Reuniones
- Movie and Popcorn: Elf
- Martes 23 de Diciembre de 2014Ocean View, Ocean View: Sala de Reuniones
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.