The Cup (Phörpa, 1999)
While the soccer World Cup is being played in France, two young Tibetan refugees arrive at a monastery/boarding school in exile in India. Its atmosphere of serene contemplation is somewhat disrupted by soccer fever. Prevented by various circumstances from seeing the Cup finals on television in a nearby village, the young monks plan to rent a TV set for the monastery. The enterprise becomes a test of solidarity, resourcefulness and friendship for the students, while the Lama, head of the monastery, contemplates the challenges of teaching the word of Buddha in a rapidly changing world. Presented in Dzongkha with English subtitles. Rated G. 93 minutes.
- Teen Movie: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Martes 26 de Julio de 2016, 3:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach
- Teen Movie: Moonrise Kingdom
- Martes 26 de Julio de 2016, 4:00 pmPark, Park: Sala de Reuniones
- Big Hero 6
- Miércoles 27 de Julio de 2016, 6:30 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.