The Cup (Phörpa, 1999)
While the soccer World Cup is being played in France, two young Tibetan refugees arrive at a monastery/boarding school in exile in India. Its atmosphere of serene contemplation is somewhat disrupted by soccer fever. Prevented by various circumstances from seeing the Cup finals on television in a nearby village, the young monks plan to rent a TV set for the monastery. The enterprise becomes a test of solidarity, resourcefulness and friendship for the students, while the Lama, head of the monastery, contemplates the challenges of teaching the word of Buddha in a rapidly changing world. Presented in Dzongkha with English subtitles. Rated G. 93 minutes.
- About Time - Audio Described Film
- Viernes 28 de Octubre de 2016, 2:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)
- Viernes 28 de Octubre de 2016, 3:30 pmBayview, Bayview: Sala de Reuniones
- Adults Visit The Mix
- Sábado 29 de Octubre de 2016, 10:00 amBiblioteca Central, Mix: General Floor Area - 2nd Fl
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.