Come to the branch and play lotería with us!
Local artists Kate Connell and Oscar Melara drafted images of the things that make the Portola District so appealing. They wanted to create a collection of images that together could only describe the Portola, its history, community heroes, flora and fauna, and cultural traditions. The resulting collection of 54 was community-selected and made into a Portola-based lotería game.
For more information on the Portola Neighborhood art project of Kate and Oscar, check out their website Made in the Portola!
- New Homes New Beginnings
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 1:00 pmMission, Mission Children's Area
- Movie Night: La Bamba
- Thursday, September 10, 2015, 6:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Hecho a Mano / Made by Hand
- Saturday, September 12, 2015, 3:30 pmMission, Mission General Floor Area
- Queso Fresco Workshop
- Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 7:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Repujado: Tin Art
- Thursday, September 17, 2015, 3:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Sabor a Salsa!
- Friday, September 18, 2015, 3:30 pmMission, Mission General Floor Area