Come to the branch and play lotería with us!
Local artists Kate Connell and Oscar Melara drafted images of the things that make the Portola District so appealing. They wanted to create a collection of images that together could only describe the Portola, its history, community heroes, flora and fauna, and cultural traditions. The resulting collection of 54 was community-selected and made into a Portola-based lotería game.
For more information on the Portola Neighborhood art project of Kate and Oscar, check out their website Made in the Portola!
This program is part of ¡VIVA!, the library’s celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month, which takes place every year from September 15 – October 15.
- ¡Viva! Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Mission, Mission General Floor Area
- Tengo Tango
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
- ¡Baila conmigo! Dance with Me, Maria Luna!
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Anza, Anza Meeting Room
- Papel Picado Banners!
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Destiny Arts-Capoira
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Zumba Basics
- Friday, September 26, 2014Main Library, Children's Storytelling Room