Come to the branch and play lotería with us!
Local artists Kate Connell and Oscar Melara drafted images of the things that make the Portola District so appealing. They wanted to create a collection of images that together could only describe the Portola, its history, community heroes, flora and fauna, and cultural traditions. The resulting collection of 54 was community-selected and made into a Portola-based lotería game.
For more information on the Portola Neighborhood art project of Kate and Oscar, check out their website Made in the Portola!
- Rincon Literario
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Paley Room - Floor 3
- Mexican Paper Flowers/Flores de Papel
- Friday, October 28, 2016, 4:00 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Day of the Dead // Día de Muertos
- Saturday, October 29, 2016, 3:00 pmMain Library, Children's Center