Come to the branch and play lotería with us!
Local artists Kate Connell and Oscar Melara drafted images of the things that make the Portola District so appealing. They wanted to create a collection of images that together could only describe the Portola, its history, community heroes, flora and fauna, and cultural traditions. The resulting collection of 54 was community-selected and made into a Portola-based lotería game.
For more information on the Portola Neighborhood art project of Kate and Oscar, check out their website Made in the Portola!
This program is part of ¡VIVA!, the library’s celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month, which takes place every year from September – October.
- Sugar Skull Decorating Workshop
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014Mission, Mission Children's Area
- Rincón Literario
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014Main Library, Paley Room - Floor 3
- Crafty Friday celebrating VIVA!
- Friday, October 24, 2014Mission, Mission Children's Area