Healthier Living, an award winning program developed by the Stanford University School of Medicine, is a weekly workshop for persons with ongoing health conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, stroke, heart disease, cancer, depression, chronic pain, etc.
Participants will learn ways to cope with and manage their health. The program covers nutrition, making daily tasks easier, managing fatigue and stress, dealing with anger, frustration and depression, developing an exercise program, and communicating with family and health care providers.
This weekly workshop takes place on Tuesdays, starting Oct. 8 through Nov. 12. Advance registration is required. Drop by the information desk or call 415 355-5707.
- A Prairie Home Companion: The Movie
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014Merced, Merced General Floor Area
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, September 8, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Care Options for the Elderly:
- Tuesday, September 9, 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- CANCELLED Adults & Seniors Computer Class
- Thursday, August 28, 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Saturday, August 30, 2014Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room