Healthier Living, an award winning program developed by the Stanford University School of Medicine, is a weekly workshop for persons with ongoing health conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, stroke, heart disease, cancer, depression, chronic pain, etc.
Participants will learn ways to cope with and manage their health. The program covers nutrition, making daily tasks easier, managing fatigue and stress, dealing with anger, frustration and depression, developing an exercise program, and communicating with family and health care providers.
This weekly workshop takes place on Tuesdays, starting Oct. 8 through Nov. 12. Advance registration is required. Drop by the information desk or call 415 355-5707.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, September 26, 2016, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 4:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults & Seniors
- Saturday, October 1, 2016, 2:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown Computer Lab
- Brain Fitness
- Monday, September 26, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Online Job Search & Digital Economy Opportunities
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 9:30 amMain Library, Learning Studio
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.