Healthier Living, an award winning program developed by the Stanford University School of Medicine, is a weekly workshop for persons with ongoing health conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, stroke, heart disease, cancer, depression, chronic pain, etc.
Participants will learn ways to cope with and manage their health. The program covers nutrition, making daily tasks easier, managing fatigue and stress, dealing with anger, frustration and depression, developing an exercise program, and communicating with family and health care providers.
This weekly workshop takes place on Tuesdays, starting Oct. 8 through Nov. 12. Advance registration is required. Drop by the information desk or call 415 355-5707.
This is a Wise Up! program for learning and living well at any age.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, April 24, 2017, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Pedestrian Safety Workshop
- Monday, April 24, 2017, 3:00 pmPortola, Portola Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 4:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Encore Careers: LinkedIn & Company Research Online
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 9:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Mothers (and others) Day Cards
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room