Healthier Living, an award winning program developed by the Stanford University School of Medicine, is a weekly workshop for persons with ongoing health conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, stroke, heart disease, cancer, depression, chronic pain, etc.
Participants will learn ways to cope with and manage their health. The program covers nutrition, making daily tasks easier, managing fatigue and stress, dealing with anger, frustration and depression, developing an exercise program, and communicating with family and health care providers.
This weekly workshop takes place on Tuesdays, starting Oct. 8 through Nov. 12. Advance registration is required. Drop by the information desk or call 415 355-5707.
- Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 1:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown General Floor Area
- Red Envelope Crafts
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 6:00 pmPortola, Portola Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon films- Incredible Shrinking Man & Attack of the 50 foot Woman
- Thursday, January 19, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Microsoft Excel: Basic Skills
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.