Healthier Living, an award winning program developed by the Stanford University School of Medicine, is a weekly workshop for persons with ongoing health conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, stroke, heart disease, cancer, depression, chronic pain, etc.
Participants will learn ways to cope with and manage their health. The program covers nutrition, making daily tasks easier, managing fatigue and stress, dealing with anger, frustration and depression, developing an exercise program, and communicating with family and health care providers.
This weekly workshop takes place on Tuesdays, starting Oct. 8 through Nov. 12. Advance registration is required. Drop by the information desk or call 415 355-5707.
- An Explorer's Guide to Understanding Dementia
- Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 6:00 pmPortola, Portola Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Saturday, August 1, 2015, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, August 3, 2015, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Seniors CREATE! at the Bridge
- Thursday, July 30, 2015, 2:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Introduction to Online Job Searching
- Thursday, July 30, 2015, 6:00 pmMain Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor