Healthier Living, an award winning program developed by the Stanford University School of Medicine, is a weekly workshop for persons with ongoing health conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, stroke, heart disease, cancer, depression, chronic pain, etc.
Participants will learn ways to cope with and manage their health. The program covers nutrition, making daily tasks easier, managing fatigue and stress, dealing with anger, frustration and depression, developing an exercise program, and communicating with family and health care providers.
This weekly workshop takes place on Tuesdays, starting Oct. 8 through Nov. 12. Advance registration is required. Drop by the information desk or call 415 355-5707.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, August 31, 2015, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Aging and Disability Resource Center Free Counseling
- Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 2:30 pmMarina, Marina General Floor Area
- Seniors CREATE! at the Bridge
- Thursday, September 3, 2015, 2:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Teen Computer Corps
- Sunday, August 30, 2015, 2:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Basic Computer Class
- Monday, August 31, 2015, 11:00 amWestern Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room