Healthier Living, an award winning program developed by the Stanford University School of Medicine, is a weekly workshop for persons with ongoing health conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, stroke, heart disease, cancer, depression, chronic pain, etc.
Participants will learn ways to cope with and manage their health. The program covers nutrition, making daily tasks easier, managing fatigue and stress, dealing with anger, frustration and depression, developing an exercise program, and communicating with family and health care providers.
This weekly workshop takes place on Tuesdays, starting Oct. 8 through Nov. 12. Advance registration is required. Drop by the information desk or call 415 355-5707.
- Aging Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 2:30 pmMain Library, Atrium
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 3:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Teen Computer Corps
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 3:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown General Floor Area
- Researching Companies for Job Seekers
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 2:30 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Knitting Circle
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 6:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room