A creative writing workshop dedicated to exploring and writing about your daily life in an urban environment.
During the session, we will engage with a range of different exercises for boosting both observational skills and creative writing, in order to expand the way we think and write about our lives within the city. We will focus on physical spaces, personal landmarks, and the way we each navigate through the landscape of San Francisco and its multiple languages and idioms.
We'll also be considering how different languages map these spaces in different ways. Bilingual speakers especially welcome!
Please contact the branch to sign up in advance.
Pireeni Sundaralingam is dedicated to examining the confluence of science and art. Educated at the University of Oxford , she has held scientific research posts at MIT, UCLA and Oxford and is editor of Indivisible, the first national anthology of South Asian American poets (University of Arkansas Press, 2010), winner of the 2011 N. California Book Award.
- Reading Buddies
- Thursday, May 28, 2015Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- The Boris Rozenfeld Russian Bibliophiles Club
- Saturday, May 30, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, June 1, 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room