During the session, we will engage with a range of different exercises for boosting both observational skills and creative writing, in order to expand the way we think and write about our lives within the city. We will focus on physical spaces, personal landmarks, and the way we each navigate through the landscape of San Francisco and its multiple languages and idioms.
We'll also be considering how different languages map these spaces in different ways. Bilingual speakers especially welcome!
Pireeni Sundaralingam is dedicated to examining the confluence of science and art. Educated at the University of Oxford , she has held scientific research posts at MIT, UCLA and Oxford and is editor of Indivisible, the first national anthology of South Asian American poets (University of Arkansas Press, 2010), winner of the 2011 N. California Book Award.
- Noe Valley Knitting Circle
- Sábado 2 de Agosto de 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Lunes 4 de Agosto de 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Russeller Watercolor Group
- Viernes 8 de Agosto de 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Conversational English Language Group
- Martes 5 de Agosto de 2014Portola, Portola: Sala de Reuniones
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 6 de Agosto de 2014Presidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones
- Creative Writing Workshop
- Jueves 7 de Agosto de 2014Potrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones