A creative writing workshop dedicated to exploring and writing about your daily life in an urban environment.
During the session, we will engage with a range of different exercises for boosting both observational skills and creative writing, in order to expand the way we think and write about our lives within the city. We will focus on physical spaces, personal landmarks, and the way we each navigate through the landscape of San Francisco and its multiple languages and idioms.
We'll also be considering how different languages map these spaces in different ways. Bilingual speakers especially welcome!
Pireeni Sundaralingam is dedicated to examining the confluence of science and art. Educated at the University of Oxford , she has held scientific research posts at MIT, UCLA and Oxford and is editor of Indivisible, the first national anthology of South Asian American poets (University of Arkansas Press, 2010), winner of the 2011 N. California Book Award.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Lunes 28 de Abril de 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- NERT event
- Miércoles 30 de Abril de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana B
- Russeller Watercolor Group
- Viernes 2 de Mayo de 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Creative Writing Workshop
- Jueves 24 de Abril de 2014Potrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones
- Excavating Memory
- Sábado 26 de Abril de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Paley - 3ª Planta
- Digital Drop-In (English & Japanese)
- Miércoles 30 de Abril de 2014Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones