High Times in San Francisco is a community event providing the public the opportunity to participate in scholarly research of African Americans in San Francisco by helping identify and catalog several collections of photographs covering the neighborhoods of the Western Addition, and Bayview/Hunters Point. These photos provide a unique glimpse of black San Francisco in the period before the events of Jonestown/People’s Temple and the crack and AIDS epidemic.
See Queerest.Library.Ever. sfpl.org/hormelat20 for related online exhibits, archives, and resources.
- Letters to Prisoners Workshop
- Sunday, January 22, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Daniel Jose Older
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Black History Month Scavenger Hunt
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 10:00 amBayview, Bayview General Floor Area
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- Through Tuesday, February 28, 2017Main Library, Children's Center Exhibit Space
- Envisioning the Classics with Color
- Through Thursday, March 2, 2017Main Library, African American Center