Please join Benjamin Railton, PhD, Associate Professor of English and American Studies at Fitchburg State University in Massachusetts, as he talks about and reads from his recent publication, The Chinese Exclusion Act: What It Can Teach Us about America. This provocative study uses the 1882 Chinese Exclusion Act to explore two critical strands in American Studies: policy conversations on legal and illegal immigration as well as social and educational conversations on diversity and multiculturalism. At the same time, it highlights stories - such as those of the Angel Island poets and of Yung Wing and the 120 students at his Chinese Educational Mission - that give a hopeful and instructive perspective on the challenges of today.
This author event will be in English only.
- Epigenetics --- A Closer Look at Genes and Environment
- 星期日, 2016年7月10日, 1:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B
- 2016 SF Chinese Alzheimer's Forum
- 星期六, 2016年7月16日, 1:30 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Stepping Forward
- 星期日, 2016年7月17日, 1:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂