Whales of August
Not Rated; 90 minutes; 1987
Returning to an old vacation cottage off the coast of Maine where for decades it has been their custom to watch the whales each August, this film tells the story of two elderly sisters on what, we sense, might be their last summer together.
This screening will include an introduction by James Patterson, local writer and friend of Lillian Gish.
As an elementary student, James Patterson saw a 1969 ABC Movie of the Week production of "Arsenic and Old Lace" with Helen Hayes and Lillian Gish as the Brewster sisters. Their friendship soon began with letters, silent films, and events at New York's Museum of Modern Art. Through college, he kept a photo of Lillian from Broken Blossoms above his study desk. He has written of their friendship for the San Francisco Chronicle, Christian Science Monitor and other publications.
- Thursdays at Noon film series - The Triplets of Belleville
- Jueves 28 de Mayo de 2015Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Film: Godzilla
- Sábado 30 de Mayo de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Films for Adults: Lady From Shanghai
- Lunes 1 de Junio de 2015Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate: Sala de Reuniones