Make Way for Tomorrow
Not Rated; 91 minutes; 1937
A sensitive portrait of an elderly couple in financial difficulty, forced to ‘temporarily’ separate when none of their five children will take in both parents. This film served as inspiration for Ozu’s Tokyo Story.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Merola Goes to Movies
- Sunday, May 29, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Thursdays at Noon films - High Fidelity
- Thursday, June 2, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies @ Excelsior
- Thursday, June 2, 2016, 6:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room