Rated R; 96 minutes; 1979
Allen stars as twice- divorced Isaac Davis, a TV comedy writer sick of the pap he is forced to churn out and harboring dreams of being the great American novelist. He is dating Tracy, a teenager, who is not marked by the highly strung tendencies of all his other friends. Filmed beautifully in black and white, the film is an ode to the city itself.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Family Film: The Watsons Go to Birmingham
- Saturday, February 28, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Old Acquaintance (1943)
- Saturday, February 28, 2015Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
- Great Books to Great Movies: Death in Venice
- Tuesday, March 3, 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room