Rated R; 96 minutes; 1979
Allen stars as twice- divorced Isaac Davis, a TV comedy writer sick of the pap he is forced to churn out and harboring dreams of being the great American novelist. He is dating Tracy, a teenager, who is not marked by the highly strung tendencies of all his other friends. Filmed beautifully in black and white, the film is an ode to the city itself.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Central Intelligence (2016)
- Friday, February 24, 2017, 3:45 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Short History of Narrative Cinema
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- 13th: an Oscar-nominated documentary
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room