Pursuit of Happyness
(2007; 117 minutes; PG-13)
In 1981, Chris Gardner was a struggling salesman. His wife worked double shifts to support the family including their young son, Christopher. In the face of this difficult life, Chris has the desperate inspiration to try for a stockbroker internship where one in twenty has a chance of a lucrative full time career. Even when his wife leaves him because of this choice, Chris clings to this dream. The odds become more daunting by the day. Together, father and son struggle through homelessness, jail time, tax seizure and the overall punishing despair in a quest that would make Gardner a respected millionaire.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Movie Afternoon
- Friday, March 27, 2015Ingleside, Ingleside Meeting Room
- Classic Films of the 1950's
- Saturday, March 28, 2015Noe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Children's Film: Sleeping Beauty
- Saturday, March 28, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.