Pursuit of Happyness
(2007; 117 minutes; PG-13)
In 1981, Chris Gardner was a struggling salesman. His wife worked double shifts to support the family including their young son, Christopher. In the face of this difficult life, Chris has the desperate inspiration to try for a stockbroker internship where one in twenty has a chance of a lucrative full time career. Even when his wife leaves him because of this choice, Chris clings to this dream. The odds become more daunting by the day. Together, father and son struggle through homelessness, jail time, tax seizure and the overall punishing despair in a quest that would make Gardner a respected millionaire.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Share Your Expertise at The Mix
- Martes 28 de Julio de 2015, 10:00 amBiblioteca Central, Mix: Carpet Garden
- Videos & the Artist Books
- Martes 28 de Julio de 2015, 6:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- Miércoles 29 de Julio de 2015, 2:00 pmSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.