(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Audio-described Movie Monday
- Monday, January 26, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Films for Adults: Deception
- Monday, January 26, 2015Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- The Boys of Buchenwald
- Tuesday, January 27, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.