(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Movie and a Meal -- Frankenweenie (2012)
- Friday, October 21, 2016, 3:00 pmPotrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- Marvel's Captain America: Civil War
- Friday, October 21, 2016, 3:15 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Halloween Movie: War of the Worlds
- Saturday, October 22, 2016, 3:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.