(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Films for Adults - A League of Their Own (1992)
- Monday, July 28, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Family Film: Monsters University
- Wednesday, July 30, 2014Sunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Dark Passage
- Thursday, July 31, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.