(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Preschool Films
- Tuesday, September 2, 2014Parkside, Parkside Children's Area
- Architecture and the City Film Festival
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Hoffa
- Thursday, September 4, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.