(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- 2016 Fall Teen Book Trailers
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 4:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- 2016 Architecture and the City Film Festival
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Preschool Videos
- Thursday, September 29, 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset Children's Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.