(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Toy Story - Audio Described Film
- Friday, December 2, 2016, 2:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Anomalisa (2015)
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 6:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- ATA @ SFPL: Experience Reel Cinema
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 6:30 pmNoe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.