(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Movie: Back to the future
- Sunday, July 24, 2016, 2:00 pmPortola, Portola Meeting Room
- Films for Adults: Ministry of Fear
- Monday, July 25, 2016, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Teen Movie: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 3:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.