(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Audio-described Movie Monday
- Monday, November 24, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- The Lego Movie
- Tuesday, November 25, 2014West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Films for Adults: Shadow of a Doubt
- Monday, December 1, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.