(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Point of Pride:
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- From Here to Eternity (1953)
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
- Films for Adults - Out of the Past (1947)
- Monday, August 25, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.