(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Intro to Manga with Karen Luk
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 2:00 pmPark, Park Meeting Room
- Film: The Portrait of a Lady
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 2:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Family Film: Zootopia (2016)
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 3:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.