(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Great Books to Great Movies: Death in Venice
- Tuesday, March 3, 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Movie Time
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015North Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon film series - Cheaper By the Dozen
- Thursday, March 5, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.