(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Watch The Notebook, Eat Chocolate and Cry.
- Saturday, February 13, 2016, 2:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Carpet Garden - 2nd Fl
- Film Screening of 42: The Jackie Robinson Story
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 5:30 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Preschool Videos
- Thursday, February 18, 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset Children's Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.