(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Teen Movie: Ouija
- Wednesday, July 8, 2015Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Summer Children's Matinee
- Wednesday, July 8, 2015Park, Park Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon film series - To Kill a Mockingbird
- Thursday, July 9, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.