(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Preschool Films
- Tuesday, September 30, 2014Marina, Marina Childrens' Area
- Despicable Me (PG, 95 min)
- Tuesday, September 30, 2014West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Thursdays @ Noon Film: The Wizard of Oz
- Thursday, October 2, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.