(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Martes 3 de Febrero de 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Movie Time: Chinese New Year
- Miércoles 4 de Febrero de 2015North Beach, North Beach
- Thursdays at Noon film: Do the Right Thing
- Jueves 5 de Febrero de 2015Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.