(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Middle East Heritage Movie
- Martes 27 de Septiembre de 2016, 3:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach
- The Kite Runner
- Martes 27 de Septiembre de 2016, 4:00 pmPark, Park: Sala de Reuniones
- We The Voters: 20 Films to Watch Before You Vote
- Martes 27 de Septiembre de 2016, 5:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Mix: Carpet Garden
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.