(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Friday Matinee: Mansfield Park
- 星期五, 2016年2月12日, 2:00 pmNoe Valley 分館, Noe Valley 分館會議室
- Watch The Notebook, Eat Chocolate and Cry.
- 星期六, 2016年2月13日, 2:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Mix: Carpet Garden
- Film Screening of 42: The Jackie Robinson Story
- 星期三, 2016年2月17日, 5:30 pmMission Bay 分館, Mission Bay Program Room