1931, 87 minutes
Talkies were well entrenched when Charles Chaplin swam against the filmmaking tide with this classic, about the Tramp’s attempt to get money for an operation to restore sight to a blind flower girl. City Lights was named one of the American Film Institute’s top 100 American films.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Fastest Guitar Alive
- Thursday, August 21, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Point of Pride:
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- From Here to Eternity (1953)
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.