1931, 87 minutes
Talkies were well entrenched when Charles Chaplin swam against the filmmaking tide with this classic, about the Tramp’s attempt to get money for an operation to restore sight to a blind flower girl. City Lights was named one of the American Film Institute’s top 100 American films.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Thursdays @ Noon Film: The Manchurian Candidate
- Thursday, November 20, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- LEGO Movie
- Thursday, November 20, 2014Ocean View, Ocean View Meeting Room
- Holodomor: Genocidal Famine of 1932-1933 in Ukraine
- Saturday, November 22, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.