1931, 87 minutes
Talkies were well entrenched when Charles Chaplin swam against the filmmaking tide with this classic, about the Tramp’s attempt to get money for an operation to restore sight to a blind flower girl. City Lights was named one of the American Film Institute’s top 100 American films.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- House of Temptation
- Sunday, July 27, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Films for Adults - A League of Their Own (1992)
- Monday, July 28, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Family Film: Monsters University
- Wednesday, July 30, 2014Sunset, Sunset Children's Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.