Looking for a job is tough, especially when you have submitted dozens of resumes and cover letters without response. For those new to the job market or the world of social media, it can be daunting. This class will provide actionable steps, utilizing social media, to help get your resume in the right hands and to get interviews.
Participants should be comfortable using online applications.
Optional: Preregister online here.
This class will cover:
- Social Media in the job search world
- Your online presence and how to make sure people can find you
- Clearly defining the positions you are interested in
- Finding those positions at companies
- Talking to the right people about that position
- Submitting a concise Cover Letter and Resume
- Getting an interview
Social Media is a tool that you can use to find the job that you want. Use it to your advantage by finding and talking to those individuals who make hiring decisions.
Más información sobre Empleo y Carreras.
- Job Seekers' Lab
- Jueves 28 de Mayo de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala de Computadoras
- Change Your Habits Change Your Career
- Jueves 28 de Mayo de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Job Club
- Lunes 1 de Junio de 2015Biblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras