The longer people find themselves out of work, the harder it can get to maintain focus, energy and motivation. Over time, taking steps results in little or no progress, obstacles appear that seem impossible to get around, and a sense of stuckness begins to settle in.
Job success is largely determined by three things:
- - Making sure what we're doing aligns with our personal values
- - Knowing how to strategically access and utilize resources and connections
- - Being willing to grow, change and adapt - as our work situation has.
Signs that indicate overwork and overwhelm is here or on the way:
- - Stress and anxiety are daily companions
- - Doing ‘more’ doesn’t generate the desired results
- - It’s really difficult to see the long term vision
- - Buying that plane ticket to Hawaii is getting to be a very real option - if only it was affordable!
What you’ll take away:
- - Tools to help you avoid the 3 Massive Mistakes
- - Clarity about your next steps
- - Insight into how you are getting in your own way, and practical steps to get out of the way
- - Energy and inspiration to get you moving again.
Clara Chorley is the CEO and Founder of Clarity Unlimited. She has an extensive and unique background as a Career Satisfaction Coach, professional speaker, business consultant and humanitarian. She is author of the best seller book T.U.R.N.: 4 Steps to Clarity in your Life and Career, and has been interviewed by multiple radio shows, plus View from the Bay. She is featured in the documentary film Achieve Your Ultimate Success, is an international speaker and proud TEDx presenter. Clara's website is www.ClarityUnlimited.com
Learn about more Jobs & Careers Resources.
- Getting a Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 4:00 pmAnza, Anza Meeting Room
- Job Seeker's Drop-In
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 10:00 amMain Library, Bridge TechLab - 5th Fl
- Career Coaching
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Business, Science & Technology
- LinkedIn for Job Search: Intermediate Level 2
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 5:30 pmMain Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
- Resume Strategies for Career Transitioning
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 5:30 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Resume Workshop
- Monday, February 22, 2016, 10:00 amMain Library, Latino/Hispanic B